Your rental property is more than just the place you live, it’s your home.
Viewing different rental properties is an exciting and often stressful process. Although you might fall in love with a property at first glance, you may discover all is not as it seems as second and even third viewings could reveal potential hidden truths about the condition of the property that you were previously unaware of.
Knowing how to navigate the rental market and what to look out for when you find ‘the one’ is vitally important. Over the past five episodes of the Move iQ Property podcast, we’ve covered everything from how to secure a rental property to good tenant qualities.
However, with the rental market constantly changing and considering just how competitive private renting has become, you really need to know your stuff if you want to stay ahead of the game.
To help you out with this and to ensure you secure a home for the foreseeable future, the final episode of season two to covers renting a home advice in more detail.
Why should you listen?
Listen in to find out:
- A guide to renting a home
- How the rental market has evolved and why it’s become so competitive over recent years
- Why you (and your pets) need a tenant passport to help you secure the right property
- How to view a rental property and assess its quality
- How to negotiate on rental costs and terms on a lease
- Important things to do on move-in day including taking photos and videos to demonstrate the condition of the property and help get your deposit back
- Why you should consider getting insurance in the form of a rental protection plan
- An in-depth analysis of tenants’ rights when living in the property
- How to deal with disputes about getting your deposit back
- What happens at the end of tenancy
Thank you for listening to the Move iQ Property podcast!
For more essential tips and tricks to help the rental process run as smoothly as possible check out our renting advice.
We want to thank the sponsor of our show
The Legal & General Group is one of the UK’s leading financial services companies. For over 180 years, they’ve helped customers safeguard their families’ financial futures through providing life insurance.
Their new Rental Protection Plan could help provide financial security by paying out a monthly benefit which could be used to help to pay the rent.
Stay in touch with Move iQ
We’ve reached the final episode of season two with your host Phil Spencer and Co-Host, Chris Ducker. We hope you enjoyed this season as much as we enjoyed recording it!
If you think you’ve found the right rental property, you can find out property-specific and local area information you need to know to make sure you’ve found ‘the one’ with help from Phil Spencer’s Property Report.
If you enjoyed the show, please subscribe via your favourite podcast app and don’t forget to leave a review!