Wondering how to prepare to sell your house? Episode 3 of season 6 of the Move iQ podcast has got your back. Phil Spencer is again joined by Nathan Emerson, CEO of Propertymark, to share valuable insights and tips. You can tune in below, or on your favourite podcast app – the choice is yours!
Why tune in?
Give this episode a listen for:
- How to get ahead of the sales game
- Tips for selling your home
- How to get prepared
- Why you should gather paperwork early
- How to depersonalise/ declutter
- Why your agent is pivotal in managing property chains
- Advice on checking your financial situation
- How to consider an offer
- How to negotiate as a seller
Giving yourself the best chance of a successful sale
In the words of our founder Phil Spencer: ‘Failing to plan is planning to fail’. Preparation is absolutely key. Some top tips include:
- Doing thorough research on the sales process
- Ensuring your property makes a good first impression
- Remove any bad odours
- Maximise space and lighting
- Cleaning thoroughly
- Remembering a good offer isn’t all about money: consider the buyer’s position also
- Having a good understanding of what you can afford
Who is Propertymark?
Propertymark is the leading professional membership body for the property sector.
They uphold higher professional standards across the property sector in order to protect the consumer and regulate their members according to a Code of Practice with enforcement action where agents fall short.
They provide members with nationally recognised, vocational standards through accredited qualifications and an industry leading training program. To find an agent, look for their logos and make sure your transaction is Propertymark Protected.
Want more episodes?
Season 3 of the Move iQ podcast is also there to help you sell your home the easy way. It covers everything from making a good first impression to alternative ways of selling. Tune in below.
Plus, there’s plenty more of season 6 to come – tune in on your favourite podcast app of choice for more!
Subscribe to our newsletter
If you want more advice from Phil Spencer himself, don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter. We share regular tips, tricks and market updates – direct to your inbox. Join us, it’s free!
Last Updated: January 6th, 2022