What does regulation mean and look like for the property industry and what’s next for the housing market in 2022?
In this final episode of series 6 of the Move iQ Podcast, Move iQ founder and host Phil Spencer, catches up with Nathan Emerson, CEO of Propertymark to hear about the initiatives Propertymark are involved in and their role in driving change for the greater good.
Why tune in?
Tune to hear Phil and Nathan discuss:
- What regulation will do for the industry and the devolved governments of the UK
- What’s been outlined in the recent government white paper for housing
- Abolition of section 21 notices from tenancy agreements
- Deposit passports for tenants
- A potential landlord register for the private rental sector (PRS)
- The Regulation of Property Agents (RoPA) and its current status
- The speed of property transactions
Who is Propertymark?
Propertymark is the leading professional membership body for the property sector.
They uphold higher professional standards across the property sector in order to protect the consumer and regulate their members according to a Code of Practice with enforcement action where agents fall short.
They provide members with nationally recognised, vocational standards through accredited qualifications and an industry leading training program. To find an agent, look for their logos and make sure your transaction is Propertymark Protected.
Listen to all episodes in the Series 6
There are 9 value-packed episodes in series 6 of the Move iQ Podcast. Across all podcast app’s and more!
Subscribe to our newsletter
If you want more advice from Phil Spencer himself, don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter. We share regular tips, tricks and market updates – direct to your inbox. Join us, it’s free!
Last Updated: November 6th, 2023