So, you’re planning on starting a home renovation project and you need to find recommended tradespeople local to you? We’ve partnered with Checkatrade to make your search for trusted builders, plumbers, electricians or any other experts easier. Find a local tradesman near you in seconds.
See what others in your area have said about your local tradespeople.
- Millions of reviews
- Free to use
- Background checks completed on all members
- Nationwide coverage – from Caithness to Cornwall
When it comes to trusted traders with your home, you naturally want the work carried out to meet the highest standards. This is why there’s the Checkatrade Standard, which all members agree to follow when they join Checkatrade.
Every ‘checked’ member on Checkatrade has been through an in-depth review of up to 12 checks. This ensures you can search with confidence and choose an outstanding tradesperson to get the job done.
In a matter of seconds, you’ll be able to request a quote, post your job and call locally trusted traders directly.
Even better, Checkatrade is really easy to use
There are two easy ways to find a tradesperson near you:
- Enter your postcode and the type of tradesperson you need and then hit search. You will then be presented with a list of relevant professionals in your local area to review and contact.
- Send us the details of your job in our ‘request a quote’ form and we’ll send your requirements to 3 specialist trades near you.
Which tradespeople can you find on Checkatrade?
Whatever your need, you’ll be able to find someone to get the job done well – at competitive prices. Just some of the skills and trades that can be found, all in one place, include:
The list goes on and on – and the right professionals can be found across the UK.
Why take on home renovation?
To some, home improvement seems like an unnecessary hassle and expense. However, it has many benefits, including:
- Increasing the value of your home when you come to sell
- Giving you more space
- Improving your quality of life
- Energy saving home improvements can lower your bills
- Increasing energy efficiency
- Attracting more potential buyers
There are a number of home improvement trends to watch out for this year, including modern kitchen fittings and eco-friendly instalments. Our homes and our needs are constantly evolving, so it helps to get the right people in for the job.
Wondering how much home improvement costs? Check out the UK’s average house renovation costs and start planning your journey!
Find recommended tradespeople near you in seconds
How can you pay for your project?
Depending on your property and what you require, renovation projects can add thousands to the value of it. Even something as ‘small’ as rewiring the electrics can significantly boost value.
There are a number of ways to pay for your project, including a home improvement loan. Need a quote? You can get one below, without affecting your credit score.
*Based on visits to checkatrade.com last year.